Seminar and Book Launch: Gendering Smart Mobilities
Time: March 4th, 2020 - from 12.00 - 18.30
Place: Danro conference room, Rue du Trône 98 / 8 floor, B-1050 Brussels
Organized by : The Gendering smart mobilities in the Nordic region project*
12.00 - 13.00: Arrival and light lunch
13.00 – 13.15: Welcome by Christina Marolda and Margrethe Auken (tbc)
13.15 - 13.30: Gendering smart mobilities and transport modalities
- Short presentation by the editors: Tanu Uteng, Hilda Rømer Christensen, Lena Levin
13.30 - 14.30: Smart mobility for all?
- Dr. Claudia Nobis: Smart mobility for all? Gender issues in the context of new mobility concepts.
- Prof. Ulf Mellström and ass. Professor Dag Balkmar: The place of emotions, gender, masculinity and power in smart mobilities
14.30 – 15.00: Coffee
15.00 - 16.30: Gendering smart biking and walking
- Tanu Uteng : The Gendered dimension of Multi Modality. Exploring the Bike Sharing Scheme in Oslo.
- Avrill Maddell : Smart Gendered Mobilities Economic Migrants in Bristol.
- Tiffany Lam: Cycling London. An intersectional Feminist Perspective,
- Hilda Rømer: Is Smart Always Digital? The Rollator as Gendered and Age Based Innovation.
16.30 - 17.30: Planning, Policy and Lessons Learned – panel
- Lena Levin: Introduction: How to Integrate Gender and diversity in the Future of Smart Mobility.
- Isabelle Vandoorne, Deputy head of Sustainable and Intelligent Transport DG Mobility and Transport
- Irina Patraxcu, Grant Partnership and Communications Director, ERTICO Ertico
- Professor Andree Woodcock. PI of the TINNGO project.
Discussion and whats next ?
17.30 - 18.30 : Wine reception : book launch and mingling.
*The project, Gendering smart Mobilities in the Nordic Region, funded by The Joint Committee for Nordic research councils in the Humanities and Social Sciences (NOS-HS 2018 - 2019).
Read more about the project